Performance Management & Appraisal Review Workshop
Performance Management & Appraisal Review WorkshopCourse Duration: 2 Days
IntroductionThe first purpose of strategic performance management & appraisal systems is to help company's management achieve strategic business objectives.
By linking the organization's goals with individual and team goals, the performance management system reinforces behaviors consistent with the attainment of organizational goals.
Moreover, even if, for some reason, individual goals are not achieved, linking individual and team goals with organizational goals serves as a way to communicate the most crucial business strategic initiatives.
A second strategic purpose of performance management systems is that they play an important role in the on-boarding process. On-boarding refers to the processes that lead new employees to transition from being organizational outsiders to organizational insiders. Performance management serves as a catalyst for on-boarding. It allows new employees to understand the types of behaviours and results that are valued and rewarded, which, in turn, lead to an understanding of the organization's culture and its values.
Learn about the truths and myths concerning the ''Death of Performance Appraisals'' and discover the new trend of monthly milestones rather than annual goals via KPIs. Support business effectiveness by implementing a best practice performance management system and performance appraisal process, and use best-practice to condct appraisals and understand the advantages and disadvantages of appraising both objestives abd competencies.
Understand the critical components of an effective performance management system which include setting objectives, measuring competencies and planning development, and drive performance by developing SMART objectives as part of performance management.
Course ObjectivesAfter completing the training, you should be able to:
- How to get an individual performance management system working successfully
- How to achieve and implement and a culture of performance management
- Increase the effectiveness of employee performance appraisals
- Critically analyze and develop your own performance management system
- Develop an appreciation of the commonly used best-practice approaches and formats for employee performance appraisals and performance rating scales
Module 1: What Is Performance Management?
- The purpose and importance of performance management
- The typical annual performance management cycle (both traditional and next-generation)
- Guiding principles for the performance management process
Module 2: Creating A Performance Culture
- Integrating performance management across the entire business
- Performance management as part of HR strategy nd embedding a performance culture
- Setting standards and creating a feedback culture
Module 3: Performance Management & Appraisal Review
- Performance Management & Appraisal Review
- How to measure an employee's intangible traits
- Avoid phrases in the employee performance evaluation that can sabotage job review meetings
- Steps to help employees reach their peak performance
- Wrning signs in an employee performance evaluation
- Writing employee reviews: Steer clear of the common errors
- Incorporating an employee self-review
- Performance Management & Review @ Carrot or Stick
Module 4: Performance Improvemenst by Development Planning
- Using the performance management process to drive employee development
Inquiry - Performance Management & Appraisal Review Workshop