Conducting Strategic Performance Review
Conducting Strategic Performance ReviewCourse Duration: 2 Days
IntroductionPerformance review (or known as performance appraisal) serves two key purposes. First, performance appraisal helps employees to understand how they are doing in relation to objectives and standards. Second, it helps the employees in their career and personal development. This training workshop provides you with the knowledge, skills, and tools to conduct strategic performance reviews effectively.
Learning Outcomes / BenefitsAt the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Implement two (2) types of performance appraisal effectively
- Apply two (2) essential methods to provide feedback to employees during performance appraisal
- Create a strategic linkage between employees' performance appraisal to the four (4) key business result areas
Module 1: Defining Performance Appraisal
- What is performance appraisal?
Why do we need performance appraisal?
- Assessing current performance
- Identifying potential performance
- Who should be involved in performance appraisal?
Module 2: Implementing Performance Appraisal
Conducting 'objective appraisal' or 'result appraisal'
- Reviewing employee's performance on business Key Results Area 1 - Financial scorecard
- Reviewing employee's performance on business Key Results Area 2 - Customer's satisfaction scorecard
- Reviewing employee's performance on business Key Results Area 1 - Internal process improvement scorecard
- Reviewing employee's performance on business Key Results Area 1 - Learning and development scorecard
Conducting 'subjective appraisal' or 'traits appraisal'
- Reviewing employee's strategic thinking capabilities
- Reviewing employee's communication skills
- Reviewing employee's people skills
- Reviewing employee's execution capabilities
Module 3: Providing Constructive Performance Feedback
Providing formal appraisal
- Determine a specific time throughout the year to conduct a formal appraisal
- Provide feedback based on performance measures
- Providing informal appraisal
Applying the 'Sandwich Approach' to provide feedback constructively
- Stage 1: Recognizing positive performance
- Stage 2: Identifying areas for improvement
- Stage 3: Establishing suggestions for improvement
Inquiry - Conducting Strategic Performance Review