Communication In Fostering Team Dynamics
Communication In Fostering Team DynamicsCourse Duration: 2 Days
IntroductionIf you have ever a miscommunication in the new millennium, either verbal or digital, then you know that words and actions mean different things to different people. Everyday those differences in communication cost your business or organization a lot in terms of time, energy and money.Compounded with the communication methods and styles of the new generation, we are faced with endless situations where what we mean is not what is perceived, and what we perceive is not what was intended. Bridging those differences requires effective communication; the foundation for excellence in leadership, performance and management.
Learning ObjectivesUpon completion of this program, the participants should be able to:
- To help foster strategic alliances for new hires across the organization, particularly within their cohorts;
- Strengthen mental resilience and perseverance in facing challenges;
- Improve problem solving, creativity and communication in achieving common goals;
- To communicate ideas as a group eloquently and cohesively, embracing diversity in communicatoon styles and demonstrating inclusiveness
- Express themselves clearly and articulate their ideas well, in preparation for university entrance interviews;
- Inspire the spirit of innovation, willingness to try new things and pro-actively pursue goals;
- Demonstrate the ability to think creatively and independently.
Module 1: Fostering Strategic Alliances through Influential Communication?
- Establish a specific 'DIRECTION' or 'PURPOSE' when communicating with others
- Manage the 'PERCEPTIONS' and 'ASSUMPTIONS' made during communication
- Practice 'ACTIVE' listening towards effective communication
Module 2: The '4R' Principle towards Resilient Communication
RECEIVE a person without negative pre-judgment
- What you think, is what you get
- Who you are, is who you attract
Build RAPPORT timely
- Create an opened communication platform
Listen and understand, to REFRAME your thoughts
- Listen to understand, then to be understood
REINFORCE the right actions
- Strengthen mental resilience
Module 3: Assertive Communication during Brainstorming and Problem Solving
Demonstrate the positive attitude when facing problems at the workplace
- Set the mindset of 'this problem, could be a good problem'
- Set the belief of 'workplace problem is an opportunity for continuos improvement'
- Set the work practice of 'no F.E.A.R to voice out problem and possible solution
- Set the value of 'collective problem solving and decision making'
- Set the culture of 'fact-based problem solving and decision making'
The fundamentals of emotional intelligence in handling problem
- Determine your workplace problem management style
The THREE (3) scenarios in workplace problem management
Module 4: The Effective Communication Method
Effective 'VERBAL' communication
- Select the best choice of words
- Structure your sentence accordingly
- Deliver a concise message with high confidence
Assertive and confident 'NON-VERBAL' communication
Reduce communication gap through confident body language
- Manage your facial expression
- Communicate with good eye-contact
- Manage your hand gesture
- Be sensitive with your standing or sitting position
- Reduce communication gap through confident body language
- Project an assertive and confident tone of voice
Module 5: Effective Communication Strategies (during small and big group discussion / brainstorming)
- Set the right MATCHING when communicating creative ideas with another party
- Create the right PACE when communicating new ideas with another party
- LEAD another party towards the desired results via proactive spirit to innovation, willingness to try new things to pursue goals.
Provide feedback using the 'Sandwich Approach'
- Emphasize positive feedback
- Highlight areas for improvement
- Propose positive and innovative suggestions and / or actions
- Establish mutual understanding
Inquiry - Communication In Fostering Team Dynamics