ISO 14001:2015 Awareness Training
ISO 14001:2015 Awareness TrainingCourse Duration: 1 Day
IntroductionNowadays, there have been growing concerns for environment throughout the world. The society has been questioning on the ability of future generations to meet their needs when the environment has been compromised. There have been pressures on organizations to work to higher environmental standards. Thus, an effective Environmental Management System (EMS) has become more important than ever before.
ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System is basically a framework to protect the environment and respond to changing environmental conditions in balance with socioeconomic needs. It provides an organization with a systematic approach to environmental management. It is intended to help organizations to fulfill its compliance obligations. Other than that, it helps to prevent or mitigate adverse emvironmental impacts from the organization's activities or mitigate potential adverse effects of environmental conditions on the organization.
The training has been especially designed to create the awareness among the management and the executives in the organization with the necessary basics about how the organization can handle environmental challenges and implement an effective environmental management system using ISO 14001:2015.
The participants will be also exposed to the relevant tools for improving the environmental management at workplace.
Learning Outcomes / BenefitsAfter completing the training, you should be able to:
- Understand the external elements and the needs and requirements of interested parties that influence the decision-making process in an organization and apply their requirements to the business process and toward a sustainable EMS
- Understand environmental aspects and impacts
- Appreciate critical support functions in the organization in supporting the EMS
- Understand about effective operational control and planning and emergency preparedness and response
- Understand how to benefit from internal audit programs
- Appreciate the measures for success and the tools to manage improvement programs
Module 1: Important Concepts in ISO 14001:2015
- Context of the Organization
- Interested Parties and Their Needs and Expectations
- Scope of EMS
- The Management System
- Leadership and Commitment
Module 2: Environmental Policy
- Organizational Roles, Responsibilities and Authorities
- Managing Risks and Opportunities
- Environmental Aspects
- Compliance Obligations
- Managing Change
- Managing Company Resources
- Operational Planning and Control
Module 3: Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Monitoring and Measuring Success
- Managing Improvements
- Implementation and Certification
- The Way Forward
Inquiry - ISO 14001:2015 Awareness Training