5S Principles and Awareness
5S Principles and Awareness TrainingCourse Duration: 1 Day
5S originated from Toyota with 5 Japanese words that start with 'S'. 5S is a methodology for organizing, cleaning, developing and sustaining a productive and functional work environment which focuses on improving quality, safety, morale, productivity and efficiency.
Course ObjectivesUpon completion of this program, participants wil be able to:
- Understand the definition and complete methodology for 5S
- Understand 5S approach and its benefits in improving safety, productivity and performance
- Gain knowledge on how to plan, implement and report on 5S projects
- Implement hands on application of 5S tools and strategies
- Understand approach to monitor, improve and sustain 5S performance
Module 1: What is 5S?
- What is 5S?
- Where did it come from?
- Benefits of 5S
Module 2: What is the 5S Cycle?
- Sort (Seiri)
- Set in order (seiton)
- Shine (Seiso)
- Standardize (eiketsu)
- Sustain (Shitsuke)
Module 3: How to Implement 5S Program?
- Top management commitment
- Resources and supplies
- Plan, do, check, act approach
- 5S committee and project management
Module 4: What are the 5S Tools and Activities?
- Visual management
- 5S measurement and audit
- Kaizen activities and Kaizen board
- 5S competition
Module 5: What are the Keys to Successful Implementations of 5S?
- Factors of failure
- Factors of success
- Making 5S a habit for employee and culture for company
Inquiry - 5S Principles and Awareness